Monday, September 12, 2016

Castle of the Bloated One - Running Water Level 6

December 16, 1977 Original Concept

Level 6 took five days to layout, due to the angled section at the bottom. I wanted a design that included a mushroom/lichen garden, so I researched my Encyclopedia Brittanica collection. I discovered that soil rich in nutrients, and higher humidity would be key. Logs could be stacked into various shapes, and over time the mushrooms would flourish. The level is split horizontally by the river, which falls partially from Level 5 above, and a natural fissure that runs due north some 1400 feet before branching off. One of my favorite types of rooms includes multiple stairs, and this particular design include five separate sets which lead down to three different levels.


Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment